turn tables 10/8/07

Several folks have asked about performance of various turntables on this group. I had one of those plastic Heljan units for thirty years and it never performed well. I up graded to a 14 inch Bowser unit and it work perfectly. See one at

azrock

On 10/8/2007 1:02 PM azrock spake thus:

At the risk of offending you, I suggest again that you change the way you put stuff on your web site. Let me explain why.

Currently, your front page shows your Bowser turntable (very nice, by the way, as all your modeling seems to be). Fine.

But going back through this newsgroup, we find messages from you announcing pictures of:

  • Your "mighty Mikado) (9/18/07)
  • An ashpit toolrack (9/14/07)
  • A weathered building on Rt. 66 (9/4/07)
  • Dioramas from JL Innovative (8/30/07)

and many more. The problem is that if I look at one of your previous posts and want to see, say, the toolrack, I get your front page which now has the picture of the turntable. I can't see the Mike or the dioramas (at least not without hunting for them).

The better way to do this would be to put each of these on a separate page: for example,

(There are other ways of doing this; this is just a fr'instance.) This way, people could find your earlier pictures in case they missed them, or if they want to see them again (they're certainly worth a second look).

If you don't know how to do this, I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who'd be glad to show you how.

Anyhow, just a suggestion.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

"azrock" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

What's wrong with the Heljan. I was thinking of buying one as it seemed the longest of the least expensive units and I wanted to leave room for the largest loco I might buy eventually.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

IMHO the older Heljan kitset TTs were totally engineered and needed an entirely new mechanisim. Mind you, I'm basing that judgement on Fleischmann and Roco TTs. The latest European Heljan TT looks to be a quality product, based on magazine reviews.

Greg.P. NZ

Reply to
Greg Procter

Offend a spammer? Is that possible?

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

az:

It's interesting that the Bowser table dropped right in like that. Did you have to lay a new pit rail or move the turntable's bogie wheels?

What are you operating it with? Have you installed an electric drive of some kind, or is it "digitally powered"?

Some writeup would be neat to have. This is a good engine terminal. Incidentally, the "engine terminal" writeup appears to be AWOL.

Looks like a low-flying plane clipped one of your searchlight towers. I'm sure there's a story behind that one. There always is.

Cordially yours: Gerard P. President, a box of track and a gappy table.

Reply to
pawlowsk002

On 10/9/2007 4:40 AM Big Rich Soprano spake thus:

So explain to us how he is a spammer. Remember what the definition of "spam" is.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Serrated Parts of Anonymous Meat?

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

He's pretending to show us his turntable but really directing us to his website for his business. SPAM.

David Nebenzahl wrote:

"So explain to us how he is a spammer. Remember what the definition of "spam" is."

Reply to
newyorkcentralfan

Pretending? I saw a picture of the turntable, along with a bunch of other pictures of his modeling. He uses his products in his hobby; BFD!

fl@liner

Reply to
fubar

On 10/13/2007 12:44 AM snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com spake thus:

I don't buy that. First of all, practically everyone here knows who he is and what he sells. His user ID is the name of his business. No one is being deceived here. And besides, it's not spam: spam is the unsolicited posting of multiple messages, via email or newsgroups, to promote a business or product. He's posting ONE message to ONE newsgroup; that ain't spam.

Unfortunately, "spam" has been pretty much hijacked to mean "any posting I don't like".

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

If it wasn't spam the url would have directly to the page the turntable was on. Duh!

Reply to
newyorkcentralfan

Spam, or not, it is Model Railroad related and I've always enjoyed the site.

Paul

-- Excuse me, I'll be right back. I have to log onto a server in Romania and verify all of my EBay, PayPal, bank and Social Security information before they suspend my accounts.

Working the rockie road of the G&PX

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

I have this land for sale in Brooklyn if you're interested?!.

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

But does it come with a bridge???

Reply to
fht

"Big Rich Soprano" wrote

No, no... It's swampland in *Florida*!

In Brooklyn it's *bridges*!

Reply to
P. Roehling

On 10/14/2007 5:18 PM P. Roehling spake thus:

Yes, the bridge, but there's also that other little piece of land--what do they call it now, Manhattan?--that was sold for, what? $24 worth of "wampum"?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

But of course!

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

In New Orleans it's prime residential property in the 9th Ward.

Reply to
Rick Jones

In Iraq it's oil so cheap they'll pay for their own invasion!

Oh . . . nevvver miiiind.

Reply to
Steve Caple