turn tables 10/8/07

Several folks have asked about performance of various turntables on this group. I had one of those plastic Heljan units for thirty years and it never
performed well. I up graded to a 14 inch Bowser unit and it work perfectly. See one at http://www.rrscenery.com
--
Up hill slow, down hill fast, tonnage first, safety last.

On 10/8/2007 1:02 PM azrock spake thus:

At the risk of offending you, I suggest again that you change the way you put stuff on your web site. Let me explain why.
Currently, your front page shows your Bowser turntable (very nice, by the way, as all your modeling seems to be). Fine.
But going back through this newsgroup, we find messages from you announcing pictures of:
* Your "mighty Mikado) (9/18/07) * An ashpit toolrack (9/14/07) * A weathered building on Rt. 66 (9/4/07) * Dioramas from JL Innovative (8/30/07)
and many more. The problem is that if I look at one of your previous posts and want to see, say, the toolrack, I get your front page which now has the picture of the turntable. I can't see the Mike or the dioramas (at least not without hunting for them).
The better way to do this would be to put each of these on a separate page: for example, http://www.rrscenery.com/turntable . (There are other ways of doing this; this is just a fr'instance.) This way, people could find your earlier pictures in case they missed them, or if they want to see them again (they're certainly worth a second look).
If you don't know how to do this, I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who'd be glad to show you how.
Anyhow, just a suggestion.

Offend a spammer? Is that possible?
On 10/9/2007 4:40 AM Big Rich Soprano spake thus:

So explain to us how he is a spammer. Remember what the definition of "spam" is.

Serrated Parts of Anonymous Meat?
He's pretending to show us his turntable but really directing us to his website for his business. SPAM.
David Nebenzahl wrote:
"So explain to us how he is a spammer. Remember what the definition of "spam" is."
snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com says...

Pretending? I saw a picture of the turntable, along with a bunch of other pictures of his modeling. He uses his products in his hobby; BFD!
fl@liner
On 10/13/2007 12:44 AM snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com spake thus:

I don't buy that. First of all, practically everyone here knows who he is and what he sells. His user ID is the name of his business. No one is being deceived here. And besides, it's not spam: spam is the unsolicited posting of multiple messages, via email or newsgroups, to promote a business or product. He's posting ONE message to ONE newsgroup; that ain't spam.
Unfortunately, "spam" has been pretty much hijacked to mean "any posting I don't like".
If it wasn't spam the url would have directly to the page the turntable was on. Duh!

Spam, or not, it is Model Railroad related and I've always enjoyed the site.
Paul -- Excuse me, I'll be right back. I have to log onto a server in Romania and verify all of my EBay, PayPal, bank and Social Security information before they suspend my accounts.
Working the rockie road of the G&PX

I have this land for sale in Brooklyn if you're interested?!.
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 00:11:57 GMT, Big Rich Soprano

But does it come with a bridge???

But of course!

No, no... It's swampland in *Florida*!
In Brooklyn it's *bridges*!
On 10/14/2007 5:18 PM P. Roehling spake thus:

Yes, the bridge, but there's also that other little piece of land--what do they call it now, Manhattan?--that was sold for, what? $24 worth of "wampum"?
P. Roehling wrote:

In New Orleans it's prime residential property in the 9th Ward.
--

Rick Jones
Remove the Extra Dot to e-mail me
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 23:59:46 GMT, Rick Jones wrote:

In Iraq it's oil so cheap they'll pay for their own invasion!
Oh . . . nevvver miiiind.
--
Steve

Shhhhhhhh! We're not supposed to remember that one.
Paul Newhouse wrote:
Spam, or not, it is Model Railroad related and I've always enjoyed the site."
Agreed. However I dislike when someone pulls this garbage. If you want to post an germane to the group advertisment then just advertise it. Don't piss on my leg and try to tell me it's rain.
message

I can't remember... why don't you tell us what it is?