Walthers Turntable + electricity

I have the new Walthers turntable on my extended, 'to get list'. In advance of this purchase, I wanted to be prepared to power it.
Does the turntable plug into the wall [have its own DC transformer]?
If not, what do I need to also purchase?
And, how does the indexing work if I am required to use a basic power pack w/ the usual, dimmer switch knob?
Thanks! Matt
The motor in the turntable runs on 12V just like any loco motor does. Provide a powerpack for it if you desire or run it as a special loco off of your 12V power that provides track power. I'll note that you won't be running the loco on the turntable at the same time as the turntable is run so you may want to just do a switch which runs either the loco on the tuntable or the turntable itself. Indexing on the basic turntable is usually by eyeball.