Why I laugh when I cut grass at the club

May you rot in hell...

But seriously, you should more vigorously impose your own values on that troublesome "club" layout. And make sure that everyone who attempts to contribute complies with your requirements. That way you will not have to put up with members whose trains do not please you. And you will have the additional benefit of exposing your open house visitors to only those things you approve of.

I wish I had a modeler like Glenn that I could share train fun with.

56, I too grew up with the Lionel 027 trains that my Dad bought for me and set up every Christmas. And like others, I now have a large HO layout. But also have the Lionel train table set up and running along another wall of the basement. With all the lighted Plasticville buildings and accessories. You would hate it. But you have no idea how pleasing it is for me and my friends. It is really amazing.

You know what the neatest thing is, is watching little kids big eyes fascination with the trains, big and small. Like when I was a kid and enjoyed all my cousins' and uncles' Christmas "train gardens" in Baltimore during the 50's.

Good thing we didn't have a twisted person like you back then, ridiculing and condemning the trains that others took so much delight in. You deserve your own private hell.

With Extreme Contempt and Vile Feelings for You,

Best "Regards"

Robert

Reply to
Robert

I know , but when Big Rich called it "duck" tape I couldn't resist. Yellow "duck" tape for my 'duck under'

Ken

Reply to
Ken Day

Roger T. spake thus:

Maybe you did. (You're a Brit, correct? this seems to be a 'Merkin thing.)

Well, so far as that goes, it is and it isn't: check

David Nebenzahl

"David Nebenzahl" <

I am, it does. :-)

"Duck" is brand name, it's not the name of the tape. Duck makes masking tape and "duct" tape.

And, of course, Red Green uses duct tape.

-- Cheers

Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Well i got it - finally...

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

So therefore - Red Green is a Duck! It's all so simple now...

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

Roger T. spake thus:

You really don't get it, do you? OK, to take all the life out of a small bit of humor: yes, officially speaking it's "duct tape", meant to be used on heating ducts and such. But owing to the Merkin proclivity to mispronounce everything (e.g., "nucular"), the stuff has been widely and commonly referred to as "duck" tape. So now some savvy retailers sell it under that "wrong", but common name. Cute marketing gimmick. Same stuff. Get it now?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

"David Nebenzahl"

And also the use of yellow "Duck" tape for a duck under. Yes, I got the "Duck Brand" tape marketing gimmick. At least the "duck under" is funny. And yes, it was a (very) small bit of humour.

-- Cheers

Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Also, similar materials have been known as 10o mile an hour tape and ordnance tape, although I think ordnance tape might have better adhesive (think taping down pull wires that yank safety pins from bomb fuses).

Reply to
Steve Caple

Canadian military uses "Gun Tape", which is similar to duct tape as if "Gaff" or "Gaffers Tape" in theatre and movies. However, Gaff Tape has thread in the shape of netting layered inside it for added strength. It also comes in gloss black, matte black, green, red, yellow, blue plus other colours.

-- Cheers

Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Gaffers also has a better quality adhesive that's stronger yet releases cleaner than duck (made from) or duct (used on) tapes.

'course it's also $10/60yd in quantity, which is about 5x what you pay for the other varieties.

Reply to
Charles Krug

"If women don't find your handsome, at least make sure they find you handy." - Red Green

Reply to
Jay Cunnington

And if he weighs less than a duck...?

He's a witch! Burn him!

Reply to
Jay Cunnington

Not where I come from. We had a new-klee-er plant.

Reply to
Jay Cunnington

Now yer catchin on!..

Reply to