Why I laugh when I cut grass at the club

Big Rich Soprano wrote:

And if he weighs less than a duck...?
He's a witch! Burn him!

Now yer catchin on!..
Roger T. spake thus:

You really don't get it, do you? OK, to take all the life out of a small bit of humor: yes, officially speaking it's "duct tape", meant to be used on heating ducts and such. But owing to the Merkin proclivity to mispronounce everything (e.g., "nucular"), the stuff has been widely and commonly referred to as "duck" tape. So now some savvy retailers sell it under that "wrong", but common name. Cute marketing gimmick. Same stuff. Get it now?
--
The only reason corrupt Republicans rule the roost in Washington
is because the corrupt Democrats can't muster any viable opposition.

And also the use of yellow "Duck" tape for a duck under. Yes, I got the "Duck Brand" tape marketing gimmick. At least the "duck under" is funny. And yes, it was a (very) small bit of humour.
-- Cheers
Roger T.
On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:39:02 -0800, David Nebenzahl wrote:

Also, similar materials have been known as 10o mile an hour tape and ordnance tape, although I think ordnance tape might have better adhesive (think taping down pull wires that yank safety pins from bomb fuses).
--
Steve

Canadian military uses "Gun Tape", which is similar to duct tape as if "Gaff" or "Gaffers Tape" in theatre and movies. However, Gaff Tape has thread in the shape of netting layered inside it for added strength. It also comes in gloss black, matte black, green, red, yellow, blue plus other colours.
-- Cheers
Roger T.

Gaffers also has a better quality adhesive that's stronger yet releases cleaner than duck (made from) or duct (used on) tapes.
'course it's also $10/60yd in quantity, which is about 5x what you pay for the other varieties.
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Not where I come from. We had a new-klee-er plant.
David Nebenzahl wrote:

"If women don't find your handsome, at least make sure they find you handy." - Red Green

But won't that be harder to remove? After all it is a short term harmless prank...
Big Rich Soprano spake thus:

Nah, just squirt some charcoal lighter on it and burn it off!
--
The only reason corrupt Republicans rule the roost in Washington
is because the corrupt Democrats can't muster any viable opposition.

It just keeps gettin worse don't it... hehehe...
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 03:50:18 -0500, Big Rich Soprano

Clear nail varnish ?? Alan in beautiful Golden Bay, Western Oz, South 32.25.42, East 115.45.44 GMT+8 VK6 YAB ICQ 6581610 to reply, change oz to au in address

Ohhhh.... and after a couple of times around that'll be gone... I like it...
May you rot in hell...
But seriously, you should more vigorously impose your own values on that troublesome "club" layout. And make sure that everyone who attempts to contribute complies with your requirements. That way you will not have to put up with members whose trains do not please you. And you will have the additional benefit of exposing your open house visitors to only those things you approve of.
I wish I had a modeler like Glenn that I could share train fun with. 56, I too grew up with the Lionel 027 trains that my Dad bought for me and set up every Christmas. And like others, I now have a large HO layout. But also have the Lionel train table set up and running along another wall of the basement. With all the lighted Plasticville buildings and accessories. You would hate it. But you have no idea how pleasing it is for me and my friends. It is really amazing.
You know what the neatest thing is, is watching little kids big eyes fascination with the trains, big and small. Like when I was a kid and enjoyed all my cousins' and uncles' Christmas "train gardens" in Baltimore during the 50's.
Good thing we didn't have a twisted person like you back then, ridiculing and condemning the trains that others took so much delight in. You deserve your own private hell.
With Extreme Contempt and Vile Feelings for You,
Best "Regards"
Robert