Williams True Blast II horn & bell (O-guage)

I recently acquired a Williams scale GG-1 with the True Blast II horn & bell. Everything about the locomotive is great -- except the operation of the bell. Using 5 different whistle controllers, observing the opposite polarity to the horn control, I can only get the bell to sound when the locomotive is in neutral and the track voltage is above 12.5 volts AC. (14 volts AC on the track works quite reliably.) The implication is that I have yet to sound the bell with the locomotive running at any reasonable speed. At the voltage the bell will sound, the locomotive would go ballistic off the end of the table.

Has anyone else had any experience with the True Blast II digital horn & bell

-- specifically, had trouble sounding the bell under reasonable operating conditions?

I am in contact with Williams at this time. They seem to recognize that the bell has some problems. I hope to get a more complete response to my detailed e-mail of earlier today.

--John

Reply to
JohnInSD At san DOT rr dot COM