Wiring Questions:

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:58:49 -0700, Lobby Dosser wrote:

I use pliers - works for me.

Larry Blanchard wrote:

Not everyone can use normal pliers and make a neat job - my brother-in-law reduced a connector to something that looked like it had been through a car shredder inside 5 minutes - admittedly it still worked ;-)
From 50+ years of chasing problems.
For HO ----- Total length of run less than 20' 20 gauge should be fine (for single motor units).
The change to DCC, means that 'common' areas of the wiring could see 3/' 5/ or even 10 times the single unit draw. So 12 Ga. or even maybe 10 Ga. (25' + buss length) wouldn't be excessieve.
22 Ga. drops from EVERY piece of running rail along with metal rail joiners will work well. (Also eliminates the search for the 'non conducting joiner' that always shows up along with visitors.
Color coding is good --- and DOCUMENT everything.
Chuck Davis
*snip*

Update the documentation as you go along as well! (It may be a good idea to document the wiring under the layout on the layout framework itself, that way it's right in front of you.)
Puckdropper

'scotchbloc' connectors? you have to have exactly the right one for the right size of wire. I use a pair of pliers to force the comb in, then close the clip in a separate action ditto.

House wiring. It's cheap and flexible. Personally I use stranded, but either will work fine. *
--
* PV Something like badgers, something like lizards, and something
like corkscrews.