Wisconsin Northern RR

My HO scale Wisconsin Northern RR is coming to life . . . see http://www.toddmueller.com/wnrr for pictures on its progress.

cheesecurd wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- You appear to be off to a good start, Todd. I look forward to seeing the railroad as it progresses. Thanks for sharing.
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad: http://www.billsrailroad.net Brief History of N Scale: http://www.billsrailroad.net/history/n-scale Model Railroad Bookstore: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore Resources--Links to 1,100 sites: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-favorite-links
Thanks, hope to have some new pics up next week when the rest of the track arrives.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

cheesecurd skriver:

Weel can only say that I'm looking forward to see a little more railroad and a little less wood.
Let's see more pictures when the track is laid... And som trains running :-)
Klaus
Chief:
Am I wrong, or are you using the de facto standard board for low-cost home layouts, that is to say, 7/16" waferboard? I've used this very much in the past, and I've seen lots of others use it, but it tends to get little exposure in the model RR press. It's not such a bad material for a solid top, really...rather cheaper than plywood and just about as strong for our purposes.
Cordially yours: Gerard P.
Chief:
One more question. I see you've gone with a switchback track plan. Did you come up with it yourself, or was it in a book? Just curious. Switchback layouts are fun...I find that I like to have the possibility of continuous running, myself, but I got a lot of amusement out of my old 1' x 4' switching line. I should have named it something like Tupping Ramsbottom and acquired a fiddle yard and phony accent; I could have infiltrated Brit model railroading.
Cordially yours: Gerard P.
I came up with the track plan myself. As is probably typical, the trackplan evolved over time (in my case over about 2-3 weeks) I used Xtrkcad to design it. It's great MR CAD program, and free to boot!
I enjoy switching the most, but also the layout is in a bedroom where I don't have space for a continuous run.
I'm using 1/2" plywood, but I have used waferboard in the past with no problems.
Can't wait to get started on track and electrical. This Peco code 75 stuff is great, in my opinion. Its been many years since I've had a layout, its fun to get back into the swing of things! This time around, I'm older, wiser and have more buying power (relatively, I'm 27 -- LOL) so no compromises. Microswitches for turnout frogs, etc . . . all the little stuff to make things more reliable.

LOL!