World War II Troop Train (#6-21951)

It was a time in which the world teetered on the brink of destruction. The men and women who served in World War II stared pure evil in the face and did not flinch. Beyond their own bravery and teamwork on the front lines were countless support efforts being carried out within the United States to get them what they needed. Trains played a vital role. Between Pearl Harbor and V-J Day, America?s Railroads operated 113,891 special troop trains, moving 43,700,000 members of the armed services. This was an average of almost a million troops a month. In addition, millions of tanks, trucks, airplanes, fuel and other supplies that were needed to support such a massive effort were shipped as well.

Lionel pays honor to our Veterans, our Railroads and the spirit that the world witnessed during World War II with our own version of a WWII Troop Train. Led by an all-new, die-cast steam locomotive, this set captures the essence of WWII. Decorated in Army green, the set features a tank car filled with fuel, a flatcar with two die-cast Army jeeps, and two passenger cars, adorned with the names of America?s landing sites in Normandy, Utah Beach and Omaha Beach. This set is sure to be a treasure to veterans, WWII history buffs and anyone who appreciates the sacrifice and hard work that went into this cataclysmic struggle.

Set includes:

All-new, 4-6-4 die-cast steam locomotive, tender, single dome tank car, flatcar with two die-cast jeeps, 2 Baby Madison passenger cars (1 Coach,

1 Observation) All-new die-cast steam locomotive with smoke and operating headlight Detailed molded tender with die-cast trucks, operating coupler and SignalSounds with bell and whistle Rolling stock features die-cast sprung trucks and operating couplers, Metal wheels, axles and brake wheels, Detailed molded bodies, Tank car has metal handrails, Passenger cars have die-cast trucks and interior illumination, Flat car carries two die-cast Army jeeps Dimensions: 66" Length
Reply to
MileHi Trains

Hey Mile High guy - If you are going to post links to your eBay ads on the newsgroup, just post one messege and the links. Your 'direct from Lionel' ad copy hype is just burning up bandwidth for the guys with dial-up connections. If you are a 'real' hobbyshop, how about the URL to your web-site, then a link to your eBay offerings. I have no problem with a shop posting a 'link' or an invite to a good sale - Good Luck with your store!

Jim Bernier

Reply to
Jim Bernier

Jim Bernier wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@nospam.hotmail.com:

Jim,

Many thanks for your suggestions! Actually, I'm not the "real hobbyshop", in fact, I'm just the "computer guy" that is selling some inventory for my "train-guy-not-so-computer-guy" client. I don't see any problem with the small "direct from Lionel" ad copy that I'm posting, so for now, I'll keep posting as we've received a few hits from our Newsgroup postings. Your good luck whishes are received and appreciated.

Thanks, MileHi Trains

Reply to
MileHi Trains