Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2mm gears?
At Trainwest, I bought a packet of plastic gears, which came with the 2mm diameter metal axles for them. But, how do you get the gears onto the axles? By heating the axle, perhaps?
3
3

Plastification?
Inspired by the Poly Lactic Acid (PLA) extruded from the 3D printer at only 180 degrees C, I wonder if any have considered melting down the shedloads of plastic that seem to fill our dustbins these...
2
2

HO layout in Edmonds WA
Early last December I found a big big HO layout near me and posted about it here. If anyone cares to view, I just found that there is a video of it: Day 285 of 365 Things To Do In Edmonds, WA - Swamp...

Cheap Usenet Service
About 10 years ago, I took out a 100GB block from for $15 (plus something like $4 setup fee I think) and still have 51.2633 GB left. It never runs out. Best deal in the known universe. Tom

Signals for the garden railway?
What experience is there of materials for the spectacles of railway signals (red, green/blue and orange) from glass, or some form of translucent plastic? My railway is 16mm in the garden, but as...
5
5

A forlorn landscape?
Is this NG nothing but a disused short line (branch line here in Brit) with weeds growing up through the sleepers because of no traffic?
9
9

I am looking to hire someone local to help me at the Amherst Railroad Hobby show this coming Saturday and Sunday. If were planning to go to the show, here is a way to get in free AND earn some money...
1
1

Lance Ferm website on Professor T.S.C. Lowe
Professor Thaddeus Sobieski Constantine Lowe

Old Lionel Engine
I have an old(Heavy Metal) Lionel Engine and I have several questions. Where can I find Model and Serial numbers? Can the engine be tested to see if it's worth trying to find a replacement...
1
1

has anyone a wiring diagram for a zeroone chip in a r780 loco
i have a zero one system and been given an r780 i have a chip but not sure how to wire it any help please
1
1

Big railroad HO layout
We had a fun day today and went for the yearly show when the public is clearly invited to view the display. Take a look: Swamp Creek & Western Railroad Association 210 Railroad Ave. Edmonds, WA 98020...

Deepwoods Software anounces the release of Version 2.1.34 of the Model Railroad System.
Deepwoods Software is pleased to announce the release of version 2.1.34 of the Model Railroad System. This package includes a collection of libraries and programs designed to help the modeler with...

convert from dcc
How do I convert and rewire a loco fitted with a zero one decoder please?

Railroad Equipment Question
I need some expert advice on Railroad equipment and I knew just where to go! My husband and I work for a large commuter railroad out of the Chicago area. His crew is going to need to pour concrete...
3
3

FGW Scalextric train
And, yes, I though "Scalextric?" before I watched. First Great Western is taking a model train set on tour to showcase the great destinations and amazing attractions on offer across the South West.
8
8