Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Burlington Route Traffic Department Employees from 1953 to 1966
I was in the Burlington Route Chicago Traffic Department from 1953 to 1966 and am wondering if you would have a list of personnel in that department at that time. Thank you.

Deepwoods Software anounces the release of Version 2.1.33 of the Model Railroad System.
Deepwoods Software is pleased to announce the release of version 2.1.32 of the Model Railroad System. This package includes a collection of libraries and programs designed to help the modeler with...

Huge train set for 'give away' ?
Everett Herald Got room for a masterpiece model? By Noah Haglund, Herald Writer LYNNWOOD - Jim Noonan filled a garage-size building in back of his suburban rambler with a masterpiece in miniature.Over...

Kalmbach offers digital subs
Got an email offering a digital sub to Garden Railways mag, through Zinio, for $24.95. That's a $5 saving over print, not much of a bargain IMO. Print still has advantages over digital, the most...
1
1

Roundhouse Palace car kits
The older Roundhouse Palace car kits had instructions that included a seat layout drawing. The newer ones do not include these instructions. I'm looking for a copy of these instructions with the...

Other transmission media?
Some havetouched on the subject of infra-red and wireless systems. Are those systems being used merely as the transmission media for DCC-type signalling? If so, how isthe power supplied to the...
5
5

DCC?
Which is the best DCC product on the market? Price? Facilities? Ease of Use? As a semi-retired computing and electronics person, I'm looking to producing a world-beater myself, but have not advanced...
23
23

lionel smoke fluid
What can I use instead of smoke fluid? 3 in 1 oil? wd40?
3
3

Lionel Locomotive 2037 Repair, headlight assembly
I'm replacing the headlight assembly (washer & eyelet 61-22) on a Lionel 20 37 locomotive. What is the power source for the headlight? I've got the NOS washer and eyelet with 4 inch cloth wire lead...
2
2

will a 1950 lionel engine run on a current 0 track?
I Have a 1950s lionel steam engine number671 with 20 wheels. Will it run on the current 0 Track and transformer
4
4

Call Trolley Pole A Pantograph and Trolley Car A Tram
Accept it or not, they are two vastly different pieces of equipment that just happen to perform the same function. An analogy would be with a gasoline engine and a diesel engine - they both create...
4
4

A prototype question
If anyone's here besides spammers.... Here's a question, with recent rail accidents: do current US RRA rules still require an engineer and a fireman on a freight? mark
5
5

Train Sounds
I am interested in downloading specific railroad sounds onto my ipad so I can add train sound to my BBQ Train. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Check out for a look at the train. Call...
1
1

BBQ Train--New to the area
I am just settling in here in Shoreline after a move from Whidbey Island. I used the BBQ Train for 10 years on the island as a caterer. Now I am int erested in just renting out the Train to...
1
1

End of the line for Testors Floquil and Polly Scale paint
"End of the line for Testors Floquil and Polly Scale paint" Testor Corp. has announced that it's discontinuing Floquil and Polly Scale paint lines Published: May 21, 2013
1
1