1929 Blackburne question

Can anyone tell me where I might find any info about a 1929 Blackburne engine? It was suggested that I try asking my question in this group. Did Blackburne make stationary engines?

It is a 500cc OHV single exhaust port Blackburne. The engine number is GCR1066. It has MC5532A cast on the flange at the bottom of the cylinder barrel. Is there any way of tracing where it went to from the factory or what it was fitted into?

Reply to
Ralph

Dennis lawnmowers used them IIRC, before they changed to JAP.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

References to Blackburn (without the 'e') indicate, as Peter say's, that they were used on lawn mowers (Ransomes, Sims & Jefferies and Dennis). Something as big as 500cc would probably have been used on a ride-on mower.

I can find no references at all to Blackburne (with an 'e').

Not a lot of help I'm afraid.

Reply to
mark.howard10

A look on Google reveils a bit more info, they were mainly motorcycle engines. However there is a photo of an industrial engine. see the link below.

More info might be available on a M/C forum, there is a link on the above link.

Regards

Andy M

Reply to
andyengine

Blackburne supplied engines to perhaps a dozen or so motorcycle manufacturers such as Cotton, Henley, Rex, Calthorpe, O.E.C, Chater Lea etc. They even made a full machine for a while but I think yours is most likely to have been fitted to either a Cotton (first choice) or an O.E.C.

BICBVW Martin

Reply to
Oily

replying to Ralph, Dani wrote: Hi Ralph, if do you still Need Infos about blackburne Engine, please Write back, regards dani

Reply to
Dani