Junkers 2HK65 at a rally in Bonefeld, Germany.

Anton Van Der Cruijsen (one of the organisers of the Nuenen Rally) went across the border into Germany for a rally yesterday, near Koblenz, and he took some pictures of a superb Junkers 2HK65 (same as our engine) which he emailed this morning.

Pictures are at:

It is a later engine than our own, and has electric starter (not fitted but the mounting is there) vertical dynamo, driven off the drive for the governor and fuel pumps and a lot of fittings which we can relate to when we do our own engine.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

On Sun, 25 May 2008 10:26:26 +0100, Peter A Forbes finished tucking into their plate of fish, chips and mushy peas. Wiping their mouths, they swiggged the last of their cup of tea, paid the bill and wrote::

Is this a marine engine? I see there's what looked like (on your engine) a gear lever sticking out of the side near the bottom of the engine, but on the restored example, it's at the radiator end!

Brian L Dominic

Web Site:

Newsgroup readers should note that the reply-to address is NOT read: To email me, please send to brian(dot)dominic(at)tiscali(dot)co(dot)uk

Reply to
Brian Dominic

That is not a gearbox on the end of the engine block, it is just the drive housing for the injection pumps, dynamo if fitted and water pumps if fitted.

The parts list doesn't carry any gearbox information at all.

The lever is the speed control.

The exhaust manifold is water-cooled for marine use, the one in germany has a stationary-engine manifold.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

On Sun, 25 May 2008 12:54:38 +0100, Peter A Forbes finished tucking into their plate of fish, chips and mushy peas. Wiping their mouths, they swiggged the last of their cup of tea, paid the bill and wrote::

Fine - thanks!

Brian L Dominic

Web Site:

Newsgroup readers should note that the reply-to address is NOT read: To email me, please send to brian(dot)dominic(at)tiscali(dot)co(dot)uk

Reply to
Brian Dominic

Picture of a marine version here:

This was posted on a European motor forum by a guy in France, and I have asked him if he can supply scans of the whole document.