A song of old iron

"Park it o'er there under the tree Right close to the others, for Company it'll be And by raising the tarp by only a foot It'll vanish quite nicely beside the old root.

Now the days they do pass at a terrible rate And engines appear - well, to me, any gate - So under this tarp or into the shed If the missus, she counts 'em, I'm certainly dead!

Out with the spanners, the hammers an' all Degreaser and Diesel I must have the gall To strip & expose them, their cranks and effluents Fix 'em and paint 'em to hear 'em run once.

Now shove it and cover it decently now For I'll not see it again for the age of a cow Find 'em and fix 'em, it's what I do best Leaving long distance running to all of the rest.

In the dark of the night that eBay is on There's another, another I've got to have 'un Pay more than I want or can really afford Thank God it's in England & not far abroad.

Driving them miles with heart all aflutter Seeing it first with a conscience like butter Now, where can I put it where she'll never see - I know, I'll shove it just under that tree."

Don't get me started ................

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

I sang this to Hazel last night ("Muckspreader" is the tune) & sent her off to bed chuckling. I suppose now I shall have to suffer her peering under tarps & taking pictures as evidence. ;o))

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Kim, What I would like to know is was she chuckling at the song or the singer :-))

Mart> I sang this to Hazel last night ("Muckspreader" is the tune) & sent

Reply to
Campingstoveman

indeed......

Regards,