'A' Tank

Hello

Am thinking of replicating a 1930's Lister A round petrol tank but don't have an original to copy; anyone either got a half decent drawing or even a tank however rusty and collander like. Can sort of guess proportions from my 'Know your' but it's the little fittings, details and exact positions I need - got access to metal bashing equipment and plenty of free expertise/advice but not much good without plans. Could have a good guess but thought I would try and do a more 'proper job'.

Cheers

Ken

Reply to
Kenneth_John_Russell

send me your email and I will oblige.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Who is it makes a range of fuel tanks? Whoever it is, he's not in the most recent services guide in SEM, so no good reaching for it like I did!

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Kim would you be thinking of Frank Gelder? He sells repro tanks,. silencers and a few other bits and pieces.

Mike M

miley snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
miley_bob

That would be Frank 'The Tank' Gelder who is up in East Yorkshire. I can send details off list to anyone who may need it.

Regards Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Martin got his measuring stick out (thanks to him) and I am ready for the off. Using copper on his suggestion, plus I've got some and it may be easier to make the ends. Is it worth speaking to the Frank the Tank man ? to try and get some free advice.

Regards

Ken

Reply to
Kenneth_John_Russell