What is this ?

EBay item 330135170422 is described as an Avon Power Saw engine. It is unlikely that the company made their own engines so this is probably a re-badged job.

Does anyone recognise it ?

Reply to
crn

It was made by the Bradford Gas Engine Company of Shippley. These engines were sold and simply rebadged. I have one of these. The most common badges found on these engines (other than the genuine Bradford ones of course) are Amanco, Avon and Chalmers Edina.

Mike M

miley snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
miley_bob

The P&P is very reasonable!!! Pete

Reply to
pete

"Kim Siddorn" wrote

Off the top of my head, I think Bradford began building the enclosed crank range in the mid 20's and continued to do so at least until the war. With the atmospheric inlet valve and Wico EK, this one is probably an earlyish example.

Reply to
Nick H

Not very big, is it? Any ideas about age anyone?

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Kim, my Bradford is rated at about 2.5hp. They were first introduced in the late 1920's and were still in production in the late 1940's, however at some point they started fitting sloex carburettors and a second push rod and rocker arm to operate the inlet valve (these seem quite rare, I have only ever come across a few).

Hope this helps