Alternator sought

I bought a small & lightweight Continental OHV engine at the Sodbury SO. I have got it running now & am thinking of attaching it to a 12 volt automotive alternator. I could just wander down the scrappie, but I thought I'd pick the corporate brain first.

My thought is to provide it with an alternator that doesn't look the same as all the rest. It need not be of very high output (it's only a small engine) but should be compact. Any suggestions as to what I should be looking out for?

regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

What about a dynamo from an early Fiat 126 ?

Reply to
The wild eye