Continental f163 engine manual?

Anyone have a manual for a Continental f163, in ebook form?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

some info on the right menu

These folks have parts

Reply to
Steve W.

I downloaded some helpful stuff from the Lincoln website for my SA 200 with F 163 Continental engine. Not a lot of stuff there, and I'm sure not as good as a real manual, but some helpful things. The real deal manuals are worth more than their weight in gold.

I was able to call the service center in Las Vegas, and the guy gave me lots of helpful information. The engine is a very simple L head four banger that runs at 1450 rpm under load, hence it has a long life. The updraft carburetors can be had for a pretty penny, but still available, new and used. You can convert to magneto rather than points system. If you Google, there are a lot of suppliers out there.

The engine was used on LOTS of forklifts, farm equipment and other applications. A very good local supplier I finally found was a materials handling company that sold forklifts. They had about everything for it ....... except (you guessed it) a manual. Look on your plates, both on the engine, and on the item it drives for pertinent numbers, as there were many modifications to the basic models, and each number coincides with a particular set of "stuff."

HTH.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Thanks Steve

Ive got an acquaintance who does forklifts, if I can find his number, Ill ask him

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner