OT: Recent eBay offering

Be sure to read the questions.

Reply to
Peter Scales

That's heartening news on the price front, as I bought a crate of the product when last in the UK, just in case the Jag ruptured a smoke line or two, touch the dash, unneeded as of yet.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Its a shame that bidding has ended for this quality item I own a 1968 series 2a land rover and a litle wiring harness smoke will finish of the engine bay a treat

Reply to
The wild eye

I think this is a scam! I've never known a Lucas equipped vehicle to run long enough to allow smoke leaks.

I think you'll find that if this is in any way genuine, it is US export smoke. Only intended for left-hand drive British vehicles. Fitting it to a right-hand drive vehicle will almost certainly destroy it's handling characteristics (as evidenced by the majority of US cars).

mark.howard10

wrote (snip):- ...

You're right, it is a scam. Next he'll be offering kits to empty the darkons out of failed light bulbs ;-)

Reply to
Nick H

I wonder if it would help with my Hi-Fi? I've got oxygen free bi-wired speaker cables that are big enough to use as jump leads. Doesn't say any thing on the box about smoke. Obviously, I wouldn't want to waste my money, maybe the 'oxygen free' bit means they've already been smoked.

Pete M

Reply to
Peter Mounsey

Brilliant idea! I was looking for a little side-line business. Don't tell anyone else, it might take me a while to get the patent approved!

Mark

Reply to
mark.howard10