Another silly one

Not me this time. I was trundling home from work up the A34 last Friday and spotted a very nice caravan behind an equally clean 4x4. Unfortuantely the caravan roof light was not locked and was lifting in the wind. I flagged the driver into a convenient layby and pointed out their problem. They "thought they'd checked it". I've been caravanning for quite a few years and we've a check list in the van. We check it EVERY time we set off, no matter how short a time we've been in the van. I can't say how many times it's saved us but we know all's OK now. I also drive off and leave SWMBO behind after a long stop so she can check we've picked everything up. That's saved a few steady pads and toys as well. If anyone wants a copy of our list to start their own, drop me an email.

John

Reply to
John

Terminology might cause some of us non-UKlanders to scratch our heads!!

Reply to
Scenic

How far do you get before SWMBO 'phones you on your mobile to tell you she's still back at your camp site? Is she on your check list? :-)

Reply to
MatSav

I did wonder that myself - you'd not want to fall out with the driver that morning, would you? ;o))

regards,

Kim Siddorn

"MatSav" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Charles Hamilton

Well that was not what is was thinking of actually as I am very much aware of the meaning of SWMBO. I was thinking of the different names given to the same things in UKland, and the ROTW, not only in reference to caravans and caravanning.

Reply to
Scenic