Astle Pictures

Pictures up at:

ot:

2 pages, about 70 pictures on the thumbnail menus.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

I hate it when I copy things across and they've been truncated!

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Impressed with the pictures, Peter, but after a break of 5 years can't help thinking that the rally ain't as good as it used to be. Personally my highlights were seeing one of my old engines in the line-up (Crossley

Reply to
Charles Hamilton

My own view was that it doesn't have the same 'punch' as it used to, but as Martin P pointed out, the high cost of travelling now must impact on some exhibitors, even though both you and David McCreath (and others) travelled far longer distances than we did.

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Great pics, thanks. Particularly liked Webster inverted, S-T 'K', Kim's S-T flat twin, Farymann diesel. Nice to see a Curwen replica Hartop (they surely have their own history now and there's no need to 'pretend') correctly identified and I hadn't realised what an attractive little engine the Alyn Foundry 'Colt' is.

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Almost seems not worth me putting my pics up :-((

Reply to
campingstoveman

Reply to
Charles Hamilton

I agree about the unusual. You can be sure of a cognoscenti audience at Astle Park.

I missed a Johnson/Marvil missing link by a few minutes. Seized but only £20.

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Teach a child to be polite and courteous and you create an adult that can't merge a car into faster traffic.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

My pics of Astle at following.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Try this one instead, its late and I'm tired.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Thanks Martin, it is appreciated by those of us who weren't there.

A couple of questions:- do you know what the rather incomplete air-cooled open crank engine in picture 9 is and likewise the inverted vertical in 10 and 11? Is the latter perhaps another home made job - I could really have put my foot in it there if it is some ultra rare original!

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

I'm sure 10 and 11 was labelled a Crossley as for 9 I am very annoyed with myself as I spent a lot of time discussing this with the owner as I have one very similar and I know it is a Carrette but mine is water cooled but otherwise the same, his was labelled as I think something like a schroener!

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

I think I know the company you mean, I believe Schoener was the German toy manufacturer responsible for the engine upon which the Polly models/Bruce Engineering 'AGE'is based:-

As for the inverted vertical - that flywheel has a very Petter M look about it and I'm sure I can see a Lister D carb nestling above the fuel tank! It rather reminded me of this fine confection built around an old pedestal grinder base which appeared at last year's show:-
Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Nick H wrote (snip):

Just noticed I photographed the very same engine last year - memory, what memory!?

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Gentlemen,

Reply to
campingstoveman

Lister D generators pull at the wallet somewhat don't they? :-))

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Will have to get my digit out and get my Lister D Bruston set up and running.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Tell me more.... :-))

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Lister D with inline Bruston Genny with radiator on top just like the one at Astle Park except mine has option rectangular tank for longer running plus starter solenoid (I think). Complete except for supply board but then not all had them as some fitted to wall instead of engine. Just needs some magic and time from me, when I finish M it will be next project.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Picture 10 & 11 were definatley NOT a Crossley, they are of a BITSA circa

2007. The carb, clearly seen in pic 10 is off a Lister D (though you would have spotted that Martin, southern dementure showing again). The flywheel is from a Fairbanks and there are also other bits on there as well. The base is welded to the vertical cylinder.
Reply to
andyengine