bit OT - road roller needed.

Not one of your usual requests.....

We are road building at our permanent site near Canterbury. We need a road roller to compact the road bed and then squash the scalpings that we use for the road surface - steam would be more fun, but Diesel would do just fine. Naturally, it would make common sense to use a roller based in east Kent, preferably of a smaller size. Anyone any ideas about how we could contact such an individual? We would be delighted to pay for fuel and a bit more besides & very happy to help with publicity for the owner(s).

Regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Kim Siddorn

Try with your request here:

Or failing that I'll give you the editor's tel # for the Road Roller Association - he'll sort something for you I would think. I'm in Cheshire and don't know anyone in your area.

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

Well there's a few owners of irish pogo sticks on this group who may be in the area. The thought of a group of vikings leaping about on those is particularly Pythonesque.

John

Reply to
John

That is indeed a wonderful image! I can't remember if this link to some of these devices in action at Astle park has been posted before but here it is anyway:-

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Thanks Julian, I've e-mailed the Road Roller Association off their website.

Just the contact I needed - I knew someone would know!

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn