Boddelwyddan & Gwaenynog

Visited BOTH events on Saturday and would just like to thank all the SE people who gave me loads of wonderful info & advice....... as I'm JUST starting in this lark. How nice to walk up to total strangers, indulge in a little idle conversation and, within minutes, feel like old friends.

A very "SPECIAL" thanks due to John, Olwyn & "Little John", at the Denbigh bash for all the banter (and quick "swing" too!)

Would just like to say that you all, without exception, seem like real nice peeps & I hope to catch up with more of you real soon.

A NOTE TO ALL, PERHAPS IN PARTICULAR, THE ORGANISERS......

BOTH of these events were well worth the visit, such a shame that they are within 6 miles of each other and held on the SAME weekend. Bodelwyddan had, by far, a much larger "entry" but also a much dearer admittance fee.......... Denbigh seemed to be more of a "locals" event, and, somehow had a "local" & "personal" touch to it...... and at £2.50, I thought it was a bargain day out. Even at £4.00, the Bodelwyddan event was well worth the expenditure. (even though the car park marshals seemed related to the SS...) Both events are "2 day" and I appreciate that both could easily be accommodated by visitors to the area. Don't want be accused of entering into "politics" but why can't you arrange different dates for the two events?...BOTH would surely benefit from it? Bodelwyddan Castle is very much a "prestigious" site that people from outside the area can easily locate, being right on the A55. Gwaenynog being just a little "out of the way"............ I'm LOCAL, I know the location of BOTH,. But, as a visitor to the area I feel that Boddelwyddan would be the obvious site to visit. and, with such a large and excellent entry there, why bother going to Gwaenynog?.......... which, in my opinion, is the better of the two shows, being a proper "locals" event.

Hope to meet up with more of the SE crews again soon, Shrewsbury in August seems favourite at the time of writing this. Any Lister owners out there got any advice for a virgin to the cause?

Reply to
The Man who...