Burford 2004

Thanks for that. Cooper driving Argosy pump is refreshingly different with its upside-down mag, and what is that thing with what I take to be a curiously bulbous hopper?

Reply to
Nick H

Between rain showers (Sat.)I managed to rattle off a few shots. Link below.

Mike.H.

Reply to
Mike.H

Hi Mike, What on earth is the make of engine shown at

Dave Croft

Reply to
dave croft

It was a bit damp at times, but a decent engine turn out and a chance for a chat with Roly, PTFE, Martin P and others. Martin made us both a very welcome cup of tea, thanks Martin!

We happened upon Dan Howden, Warsop Rammer and Norman engine, which Rita took a liking to, and later on we were able to buy a little Norman twin from a visitor who offered it to Dan initially, but very kindly offered it to us afterwards.

Traffic wasn't too bad around the area, but the main roads were much busier when we returned home, and I hate to think what it was like after Silverstone ended!

Peter

Peter A Forbes

----------------------------------------------------- I just knew someone would ask !!. Unfortunately my notes went awol and I just cannot remember the make. I do remember the compressor was an integral part of the engine. The pictures with an "a"suffix have been cleaned up to remove the background of Transits ,c/vans etc.Any comments. I managed to put a couple of names to faces,namely P.T.E. and R.C,tried to locate Martin P. and failed. Four hours of walking around I began to suffer lower back pains ( a legacy from major surgery a few years ago) and took my leave . Mike.H.

Reply to
Mike.H

Mike, If you found Philip then you found me, roland and Dan as we were all next to each other :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

I bet Dan was busy trying to increase his shoe size :-) tired and oily Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Mike in fact looking at pictures 5 and 6 you must have stood between Rolands engine and mine to photograph Philips Atomic and Richard in the other pen :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Tired and oily, but not spotty, I hope!

Come on Dan, explain the shoe size reference :-).

Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

Hopefully Martin's pictures will make it clear - the Warsop rammer has a habit of cruching the feet of the unwary - not happened to me yet though ;-)

As a further aside - does anyone know of either a Pegson or Johnson rammer that would be available? I would like to add them to my collection of 5 warsops!

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Answers own question while looking for something else!

See July SEM ID & ASST. Universal Manufacturing Co. of Minneapolis. OB combination motor and air compressor - not listed in Wendel.

Reply to
Nick H

Sounds like a good event again. I was far away in Sunny Essex by the Sea and we had a surprisingly good time at a recreation ground on Canvey Island!

It was sunny & cloudy all day with no rain, the client was happy and I came home with the cheque - which makes a nice change as I usually have to run about afterwards trying to extract the funds & (generally speaking) the bigger the client the longer it takes to get paid!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Pegsons were the main rival of Warsops when I was there in the early

1960's, but I haven't seen one for years. Probably a scrap yard job to find one now.

I have had a contact from overseas through Andy Selfe, from a guy whose father was at Warsops in the 1940's.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Clipped --

----------------------------------------------------- Martin As I have never met any of the above before I tried to identify by the exhibitor info by the engines.I found Rolands name ok also Dan. I recognised Roland from one of Kims postings and he introduced me to Philip. Sorry to have missed you (could have done with a sit down and hot drink)and did you buy any of the c/stoves Sat night or were you offloading your surplus ?;-) Mike.H.

Reply to
Mike.H

Mike, Auction ended up on Sunday morning but did not buy as I have all with the exception of one which I deduced would go for silly money as many looked at it. I did come home with two though both bought from friends particularly Philip who if he sends me his address I will send a cheque too :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Martin,

Other peoples obsessions are always a source of some fascination - is there somewhere one could see some pics of your stoves?

Reply to
Nick H

I was very shocked to see that Martin was doing most of his cooking on a modern butane cartridge powered device. He tried to bluff his way out of it, and later produced a very nice little picnic stove which worked well, but these recidivist tendencies will have to be nipped in the bud :-))

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
Philip THornton-Evison

"Philip Thornton-Evison" wrote>

I was very shocked to see that Martin was doing most of his cooking on a

Really?? How shocking, I always picture him at home cooking meals in the garden on a range of stoves that he circulates in alphabetical order so as to ensure that they all get a fair crack of the whip.

- and now we find the mixed aroma of vaporised paraffin and evaporating meths is just a cunning aftershave.

Regards,

Kim -

- who only ever goes to work in a longship, of course.............

Reply to
J K Siddorn