Camerton Village crank up

A pleasant one-day show on Sunday only. I counted twenty engines and the weather - which was vertically damp until about 8.30am - was kind to us.

It was fun for us and the village hall caff did a mean bacon roll & a decent cup o' tea and there was a desultory boot sale which had literally packed up and gone by 11.30. But I couldn't figure out for the life of me why we were there, the ONLY attraction in a quite big playing field. The people that came to see us were either seriel visitors or club members and the occasional local for good measure.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it and would certainly go again, but it furrows my brow as to what the Village Hall Committee got out of it.

I took along my Stuart Turner flattie and it ran all day without trouble, attracting a most gratifying amount of attention and generous comment. My attempts to cure it's oiliness have only been partially successful & I must look into that further.

One thing though - son & partner arranged for us and her parents to enjoy the Red Bull air race at Longleat & we spent a cheery couple of hours sitting in the car in Frome before deciding that very few of the 100,000 converging on the Noble Lord's demesegn would actually get there. Then there was the comedy journey home.

Yerst.

So we retired to a decent pub & had a jolly meal together.

Sunday was much more fun!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get interesting until you're doing 90.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn