Bristol & SG SEC Crank Up DATE CHANGE

If you were figuring on going to the Bristol club crank up at Frog Farm, Coalpit Heath on Saturday (tomorrow) the day has been changed to SUNDAY because of the very poor weather forecast for Saturday with rain & wind forecast all day, but a lot better on Sunday.

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Teach a child to be polite and courteous and you create an adult that can't merge a car into faster traffic.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

There were eighteen engines and nearly fifty people at the B&SGSEC crank up today. I was a bit stunned to find myself first there at just gone 9.00am, but they were literally lining up down the lane at one time! So much for my concern at the very late date change.

There were a couple of unusual Canadian engines and no less than two sizes of Amanco air cooled engines. I took along the test equipment I'd put up for the Wessex CU, adding to it a Morse signalling lamp on its spindly tripod. It occurred to me afterwards that I could have taken an EW 80watt & had the battery charging off that all morning. Ah well.

Hot food and drinks were available courtesy of the club & it was a very pleasant morning out if somewhat chilly. It would have been a lot worse on Saturday as it rained intermittently & was blowy to boot.

John Rogers was taking photos & he'll have them up on the Net soon I've no doubt.

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn