Webshots Photo Access

Anyone else having difficulty accessing their photos on Webshots? If I sign in or just visit through a URL it makes no difference. Quite a few of mine fail to open and I am left with a blank box with small cross in top left corner.Yet the thunbnail pictures in the albums pages show up as normal. This has only started in the last two days or so. I posted a link to the albums a few days ago. If I reload the pictures from my computer they work fine again. Any ideas?

Regards,

Dave Carter.

Reply to
D.J.Carter

Charles Hamilton

Same here

you a freebie or paid up member? (I'm freebie)

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

It worked fine for me last night putting up 20+ pictures here

I'm a paid up member BTW.

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Teach a child to be polite and courteous and you create an adult that can't merge a car into faster traffic.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Your recently uploaded pics seem fine but I can't display some of the older stuff - eg

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Hmm. Works OK now (from home) as do a few I've just tried from my own albums - odd.

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Freebie member on two counts. The smaller account, only started ten weeks ago, has 28 photos in and I had to reload them all to be able to view them in larger size.

I thought it was only my computer at first. I even went to the local library to sneak in through another door, so to speak. Just the same . Thanks for the various perspectives. I'll just sit it out for now and see if corrects itself.

Regards, Dave Carter.

Reply to
D.J.Carter

There are a number of options for hosting your pictures, including Webshots and other similar sites.

There are also various places like Oldengine.org that will provide free website hosting for engine-related websites (such as ours)

There are plus and minus points for both, if you don't know about HTML then a website might not be for you, but it is far more rewarding to have your own place, and you can do a lot more in the way of a storyline or taglines on pictures etc.

I believe that Internal Fire also offered the option of hosting a while ago, but I am not up to speed on what they offer these days.

Commercial hosting is not exactly expensive, £10 a year plus the cost of registering a domain and annual domain name renewals gets you your own named website.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Internal fire will give you space but it is for engine related only.

I also use Picas (Google) which has never, yet, given me problems. Gave up Webshots a year ago because it was unstable.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Reply to
campingstoveman

At work again now and I am back to the same position as the OP.

Eg. In my 'infernal combustion' album

the last couple of pics (Iron Horse) which were uploaded fairly recently, are fine but others I try just display a red cross (broken link?). However, if I click on 'other sizes', I can display a preview of all the available sizes!

Any ideas?

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Another quick try at home and all seems fine! I'm baffled - the only significant difference I can think of is that my PC at work has Norton internet security installed whereas at home I rely on AVG's freebie. But I've tried switching off various chunks of Norton to no avail - and anyway, why would it affect some pictures and not others?

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

I've got Norton 360 operating in High medium mode.

All seems OK.

Anyone tried asking Webshots? They are forever fiddling with their site.

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn