Coventry Climax SR356/1

Picked up an ex-Ministry parts list on ebay for a C-C engine, which I thought may have been the water-cooled four-cylinder side valve that we have in the generators, but it is something I haven't seen before at all.

It is a four-cylinder, and a lot of the parts on the bottom end do look familiar, but the top end is air-cooled, with four separate barrels and heads!

Looks as though C-C did a conversion on the little water-cooled engine to save weight, possibly in anticipation of a fat order from the MOD, but it didn't turn up.

The book is dated April 1960. 12.5bhp @ 2000rpm, and a list of applications is on the cover.

Anyone seen one of these on the rally circuit?

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Peter,

I have only seen a water cooled and have one of my own minus genny or pump just the engine.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Side-valve version or OHC ??

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Reply to
campingstoveman

That's 3 we have between us then.... :-))