Some engines ...

There's a lot of engines on youtube these days.

I liked these dangerous animals

and this gurt twin

- anyone know where this engine is? Can it be visited?

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Kim,

and this gurt twin

If you noticed it was posted by semidiesel (IF Paul Evans). He has one and it should be up an running soon, it came out of a pumping station near Tangye Dan.

Regards

Andy M

Reply to
andyengine

Just had a look at some of the other vids from Jobergg who seems to originate frome somewhere in Scandiwegia - are we still legally allowed to have that much fun in the UK?

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Tydd Gote to be exact, I was one of the silly sods who helped Paul along with Dan and Keith to move it through the building ready for collection to go to IF. I will add that Paul and Keith had spent the previous week stripping it ready to move, so Kim give it a few months and you will see the Flat Four running.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Thanks guys, I also had a note from Paul saying it is in his yard awaiting reassembly & that it will be running sometime next year. 35 tonnes it is .........

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Teach a child to be polite and courteous and you create an adult that can't merge a car into faster traffic.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn
28 not 35.

In Another Place, there is a discussion about Vincent motor cycle exhaust pipes glowing in the dark but we have been capped by one of our number who tells us that

" ... if you'd have seen my pre-war sidecar outfit Velo MSS glowing orange from the cyl. head down to about the top 1/3 of the barrel, likewise exh. pipe, you might have been concerned. Most motorists were and flashed their lights, just as well because I couldn't see where we were going anyway, Miller you know, and me flat broke with large debts."

This brought to mind a tale (perhaps of some height!) about rotary engined aircraft landing at after a mission & one being able to clearly see the darker piston inside the glowing cylinder.

Worth sharing, I thought!