question about combustion

Hello-, i want to know how combustion depend on stoichiometrc ratio

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 20:10:23 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Learn to spell it properly first, then have a look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoichiometry
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.eu

You trust Wikipedia? Mind you, I wrote most of the history and regenerator sections (the good bits ;-)) of the Stirling engine entry!
Nick H

Yup.I do... for my arcane research Lookup Leo Szilard - designed a refrigerator with Albert Einstein ( and did a lot more) ( got lots of websites blocked at work, but wikipedia isn't) Suppose I'll have to build a PC for home use sometime soon...( design decisions apply) after I've fired up my BSA 420 CL - anybody know where I can get an exhaust for it? Or oine made? I suspect I'll need a couple of bits for the magneto as well - got to get rid of the horrid yellow HT cable for starters.... And use one of those nice NGK waterproof plug caps. And much WD40.
Anybody got a Lodge to Champion cross ref table? (Halfords couldn't help me.. :-) _

I did, fascinating! But my favourite part was the quote from his memorial:- "Death was required to come to him while asleep, or otherwise he would have outwitted it"
And here is the Einstein Szilard refrigerator:-
http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einstein/uspat1781541/www /
Actually Wikipedia is a useful resource as long as one is aware of the process by which it is compiled - even idiots like me can put in their twopenny'th ;-)
Nick H

...and others can shout/amend when information is obviously wrong or biased etc.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.eu
Hmmm, too far above my head for me to grasp at, I'm afraid. Short words anyone?
regards,
Kim Siddorn
Teach a child to be polite and courteous and you create an adult that can't merge a car into faster traffic.
"Peter Forbes" wrote:

Basically the optimum ratio of air to fuel for a perfect burn.
For petrol engines it's 14.7:1, otherwise referred to as lambda.