Underwater Internal Combustion Engine

Could anyone point me to some online literature on underwater internal combustion engines? Specially the exhaust and air supply schemes one could use.

Much appreciated...

Reply to
SpiralCorp

Submarines used to use snorkels so that they could run their diesel engines while most of the submarine was slightly submerged.

You might also look at torpedos. My recollection is that WWII torpedos burned a liquid fuel for propulsion. Don't know exactly how this was done, but you should be able to find out.

Reply to
Olin Perry Norton

Indeed, I also found the posts about the WWII torpedoes. I am now doing some research, see if I can find some juicy details.

Of course, if anyone has a totally awesome but weird fancy about torpedoes (I know you're out there), link me up to everything you have

Reply to
SpiralCorp

Reply to
GreggiePoo

Not what you requested . . but may be of interest.

amorrisonca1

Search for self oxidizing fuel or otto fuel. That should get you started.

Later, Jason

Reply to
Jason C. Wells