Ricardo Internal Combustion Engine

I finally managed to download all 21mb of the file fter two attempts that aborted half way through.

The file appears to be in the public domain as every page has the words not for non-commercial use and not for commercial gain

I have managed to find a utility that splits the file into manageable parts.

I am slowly posting the files to

The site is not so good so do not laugh

Currently posted are Introduction Chapter 1 Chapter 3 Index

Page has hotspots and right clicking the appropriate chapter will download the appropriate file. A search on the internet will locate a file to merge split pdf documents

Files scanned with McAfee Virus Can 6.02.3000 Definitions 4327

Steve

Reply to
Steve Walford

I thank you for this, I shall read the serialised version ;-)

Interesting thoughts in the introduction, how he predicts the rise of the high speed engine over the inherently more efficient slow large ones. He could even see the trade off of highly efficient large diesels against the lower maintenance steam turbines.

I most like the bit on predicting the depletion of fossil fuels!

AJH

Reply to
Andrew Heggie

Chapter 2 is now posted and chapter 4 should be posted later today

It certainly is a good read, I've printed some of the line drawings out at A3 with a laser printer they look good on my office wall

Steve

Reply to
Steve Walford

When you look at some of the illustrations I hope some of the research engines still exist. I am living in Canada. Is there much regard for this man in Britain? He strikes me as the "James Watt" for internal combustion engines. He has all the concepts of the ideal combustion chamber, turbulence in the chamber, flame fronts and detonation. This is all pre-war. His ideas must surely have had an effect on the air war over Britain and and Europe. Randy

Reply to
Randy Zimmerman

Reply to
Steve Walford

Lots, his company lives on and is an engine design consultant to many big car makers, Peugeot and Daimler Benz to my knowledge, in fact one engineer seconded to Daimler makes a point of avoiding me at parties :-).

AJH

Reply to
Andrew Heggie