Ricardo book reprint

I have just discovered that Ricardo's "The High Speed Internal Combustion Engine" has been re printed, by Ricardo. Seems to be the 1968 edition. Price seems ok. I haven't seen a copy yet, but has the fold-out pages too. I am not sure which editions are considered the best, nor how much was changed over the years. I see it has a chapter on sleeve valves.

Given the price of 2nd hand copies, I have long been surprised that books like this haven't been reprinted - obviously there is some demand. The same goes for books by Pomeroy, Heron and Schlaifer (sp), Ronald Barker etc etc more re-prints please! I don't like my photocopied Ricardo, nor Heron on CD.

Apologies if this is common knowledge here, I have been out of touch for a while.

Reply to
Peter Short

Any comments from those who have original copies? I'd certainly be interested in the reprint if 'the panel' pronounce it to be worthwhile.

Reply to
Nick H

I'll have a look later, but my memory of it is that it's a bit mathematical ;o))

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn, Regia Anglorum

This e-mail and attachments are intended for the named addressee only and the information in this message and/or attachments may contain protected health, legally privileged, or otherwise confidential information. If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you may not further disseminate, distribute, disclose, copy or forward this message or any of the content herein. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may or may not indicate the established policy of Regia Anglorum. It is the society's principal to rely solely upon hard copy communications in dealing with contractual matters.

This computer is protected with daily updated anti-viral software, but it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure their incoming mail is virus-free.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

I'l be ordering mine when I get round to it.

I have a mid-wartime copy, which is an interesting read but there's little in it that isn't in other books too. I used to have a '50s copy too (4th ed?) which is much more interesting as it has details of the Napier Sabre and Nomad(s) in it, engines which aren't otherwise easy to find descriptions of.

A '60s copy went on eBay for 63 quid at the weekend. I've seen them go for as much as £180.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

My copy of the re-print just arrived - it seems to be a faithful copy of the original, just has a modern dust cover. The excellent fold-out drawings are there, all very nicely done.

Reply to
Peter Short