Norman T300 Can U Help ?

I wonder if anyone can help with the following parts for a Norman T300 restoration?..

Oil Pressure Gauge Starting Handle HT Leads Air Filter

I am more than happy to purchase any of the above spares ..............

snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com

Reply to
deejohn

Unless you've had any off-list responses, that looks like a no. But perhaps a few hints might be useful:- I used a machine vice handle to start my T600 until I found a proper one. HT leads shouldn't be a problem, some motor factors will probably still have copper cored cable on the shelf and if not, try one of the classic car suppliers such as "the complete automobilist" who will also do the end fittings. Suitable pressure gauge and air filter will surely turn up if you attend a few sales - especially if you are not too fussy about them being of the original type.

Only part I now need for T300 is a set of exhaust pipes, which seem rather thin on the ground.

Reply to
Nick H

Nick,

If it helps I could knock up a drawing for a set of pipes. The pipes themselves should be relatively easy to make or to have made if you can source the materials, the slightly trickier bit is the 2-into-1 part that is a tricky little stamped part. Let me know if I can help.

On the same subject, does anyone have a right hand head for a Mk1 T300 (as most seem to be assembled incorrectly, that's the right hand one with the spark plug at the back when viewed from the front of the engine :) )? The exhaust stub is broken on mine. I botched it up with a machined insert but it's still a bit noisy.

Whilst I'm at it, does anyone have a T600, D type or SC they'd like to be rid of? I'm trying to assemble a complete set.

Regards

Mark

mark.howard10

I have spare heads and NOS screened leads (for BTH MC2 or similar). However the exhaust stub is in the barrel. I have a few spare barrels too. Std or OS?? (I have found many T300 to have been re-bored) BTW the best bet for a Calibrater model is the New Universal wallchart direct from David Edgington.

It gives all you need to know and his price is very reasonable (IMHO) unlike some part-time snow salesmen :-) ttfn Roland Good luck with the D..........

Reply to
Roland Craven

wrote

Thanks Mark. I can lay my hands on a set to copy - I'm just lazy!

I do still have the remains of a T600 'hanger annie' though it is debatable how much would be salvageable, but if you need parts just ask.

Reply to
Nick H

Reply to
Campingstoveman

"Campingstoveman" wrote:-

Or 'Chrismas Tree' even - probably depends where and when you picked it up - Hanger Annie seemed to be current around RNAS Culdrose last time I was there.

Reply to
Nick H

In the motor trade, vehicles fitting this description are often referred to as "Landmarks", which I just love!

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Only a joke nick, Hanger Queen was a term used by the RAF and Americans during WW2, Mary Alice the Duxford B17G I worked on was a hanger queen for the French Sahara survey flight before she was bought by the owners of Sally B and then sold onto Duxford Museum.

Mart>> Nick H wrote: (snip):-

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Hi Roland,

You are of course correct, it's the barrel I need not the head (my memory is shot to bits). Thanks for the offer. I don't think mine has been rebored yet but I'll check and let you know.

Thanks also for the tip on the wall chart. I've been meaning to buy one for ages, I might just do it now!

Mark

mark.howard10

"Campingstoveman" wrote (snip):- ...

Ah, crabspeak ;-)

Reply to
Nick H

"Nick H" wrote (snip):-

Mark, I got your off-list email but my attempt to reply has bounced twice so here it is:-

'Fraid not. It was headless, one pistoned and sans tinware when I got it and it has since been robbed of more parts - I think the only remaining useable bits are likely to be inlet manifold, timing gears, cam shaft, tappets and perhaps the crank case.

W. London, near Heathrow.

Nick H.

Reply to
Nick H

Thanks Nick,

I really must try to get this bloody e-mail fixed. I get about 50 - 100 emails a day and yet I get reports of mails being rejected.

BTW, the first e-mail I sent you got bounced and yet the second seemed to get through.

I thank that a full-bodied rant in the direction of my ISP is in order.

Thanks anyway

Mark

Reply to
mark.howard10