webshots becoming a pain

Don't know if anyone else is suffering from this unwelcomw attention but I have had a sudden rash of 'friend' request emails via webshots from other members (usually just joined and with no content uploaded) asking if this or that is for sale. Of course the vast majority of items are not even mine to offer and I am minded to just delete the lot, but for the moment I have added a note* to my profile and inhibited the 'friends' function - after all webshots is supposed to be a photo hosting service and not some dodgy social networking site!

  • Please note that the majority of the items in my albums are not owned by me and to my knowledge none are for sale!

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

I get a few overly bright contacts to which I always respond with curt politeness. Some come from Webshots, but the great majority come from our website where I am listed under at least five contacts, so at least I know where they've come from.

I'm told that it is a product of success as the parasites don't bother those with low end stats!

Considering I get between 5&6,000 hits a week on Webshots, I don't think my traffic is that high, Nick.

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Teach a child to be polite and courteous and you create an adult that can't merge a car into faster traffic.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn