Disposing of a good friends workshop

A good friend of mine died suddenly recently and his widow has asked i

I would dispose of his workshop. There is quite a lot of it and woul for her sake want to clear it in one go, sooner not put it on Ebay a there's too much to list and think it would cause her grief. I have no the room to bring it to my workshop so it would need to be collecte from her house, any ideas on how to sell it all at a fair price in on go ? Davi

-- stereotyp

----------------------------------------------------------------------- stereotype's Profile:

this thread:

stereotype

I went to a workshop sale near here; the local Model Engineering society organised it, pricing and cataloguing everything in the workshop and keeping a steady trickle of people passing through. I think the vast majority of the items were sold in a single day.

Although it's sad to see the workshop cleared like that, there's something to be said for seeing all the new owners taking pleasure in their new toys !

-adrian

Reply to
Adrian Godwin

(Roughly)Where is the workshop? Is there a list of what machinery there is? What sort of price are we looking at for the whole lot? I've spent most of my life buying and selling machines, although I'm not a dealer, upgrading, and downgrading to suit different jobs Bob

Reply to
Emimec

I had a look over the lathe this morning and will dispose of that first

It is a Mellor 3 1/2 inch lathe in very good order, see one on th lathes website, it's the top one in the pictures, all there an complete with accesories. They look to be superbly built machines, th difference between this one and the data given on the site is it has

3 mt headstock not the 1 mt stated there. I would like to advertise it for her but have no idea of its value, ca someone on here give me a ball park sum to ask. Thanks Davi

-- stereotyp

this thread:

stereotype