Carbon generator brushes.

Having spotted condensation on the casing of one of my gennies in the garage recently, and remembering that last spring the commutator acquired a coating of carbon from the brushes when put under continuous load at its first outing of the year, I would like to ask the question: 'Would exposed* carbon brushes absorb moisture over the winter months enough to make them deteriorate?'

*Under a cloth sheet in a garage. I had no trouble the previous year. Brush spring tension OK and about 75% load when running. It was better during the summer months, but I had to clean the commutator a few times during the year.

Regards, Dave Carter.

Reply to
D.J.Carter