Christmas cometh

With all the usual ceremony of shopping, spending and celebrating, Christmas is once again aproaching and with it the prospect of receiving yet more pairs of musical socks or badly fitting jumpers wrapped in gaudy, overpriced seasonal paper.

Wouldn't it be lovely if we actually received things we wanted. To this end I ask what would people like to see in their stockings? (keep it clean - well mostly clean, oily bits are allowed).

When reading everyones comments one can call gently to the other half "look at this, Fred wants a XXXXX" in the hope that they will also read your post which just happens to be next on the screen saying how much you would like a YYYYY. This way you might actually get that left handed thrunging washer you've lusted after for so many years.

Am I being too subtle? If nothing else, this might be an interesting thread.

Of course you could all be as sad as us and buy our own presents. It does take the expectation out of the day but at least I can guarantee to get a genuine left hand thrunging washer not yet another right handed one to join the growing pile I've received over the last ?? years.

John

Reply to
John

A good book on something engineering is always a nice pressie to receive. The Rolls-Royce heritage Trust series of books are a little pricey in the UK but still excellent value.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Well now that ive got a car that is capable of towing (the old metro would have fallen apart if id tried even showning it a trailer) im hoping to spend my money on a trailer, so that my engines dont have to keep hitching a lift on the old mans trialer.

Am also hoping that some nice person is going to buy me a towball for christmas, as my car doesnt currently have one. Wouldnt be much use having a trailer without one really.

Oh and yes as I say every christmas id love a 10hp Bamford, but alas it has not happened so far, so im not holding out much hope this year either.

Mike M

miley snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
miley_bob

I'd like a petter S , But i Reckon Santa would have a right job in fitting it down the chimney :) I'm half thinking of giving him a detour to the engine shed !

Regards, John

Reply to
jdungan100

Lister R type please Santa :-))

Reply to
gary millward

My ultimate present is a larger workshop, the lottery fairies will have to come to my aid with that one :-)), but as regards pressies from my wife and daughter I already get books and video's and tools etc. All they do is ask me.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Well, I think I have been the lucky one this year, looks like santa is going to be lugging about a 4Hp Ingeco with him, but I may be a good lad and give him a bit of a hand with my trailer. With this in mind I don`t think I dare ask for anything else.

Reply to
Martin Hirst

Coo, we get to choose?

An ex Lancaster APU - Triumph twin gen set A WW1 Douglas trench pump or genny Space - that would be really useful! More common sense & less gotta have it ;o))

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn, Regia Anglorum

This e-mail and attachments are intended for the named addressee only and the information in this message and/or attachments may contain protected health, legally privileged, or otherwise confidential information. If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you may not further disseminate, distribute, disclose, copy or forward this message or any of the content herein. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may or may not indicate the established policy of Regia Anglorum. It is the society's principal to rely solely upon hard copy communications in dealing with contractual matters.

This computer is protected with daily updated anti-viral software, but it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure their incoming mail is virus-free.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

The entirely new Egli-Vincent reproduction in this month's Classic Motorbike (=A325K, also available in Norvin flavour)

A bigger shed, and more time to be in it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley