Current SEM

Re-sent as my system at least, tacked first try on to an old thread of the same name! :-

No comments about SEM this month - not even the usual complaints about late delivery? As far as the ads go; I bought the Scott bits, admired the Lally Light (luverly lallys Mr. 'orne) and thought the £150 Lister CS looked good value - can't remember any of the articles at the moment!

Reply to
Nick H

For me, the classifieds were a barren wasteland this time, the Lalley Light was the only oasis, but I was strong. Another month gone by without dealing with the domestic fallout from acquiring another chunk of iron :-).

I enjoyed the Campbell/Waller article as I had admired that engine at two rallies, but didn't know much about it.

Also the Wolseley restoration series is looking promising.

There was also some ST stuff I thought you would like (or at least remember), Nick. Too many nights listening to the Magic Band have addled your brain, methinks. ;-)

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

Ah, thanks for reminding me, Magic Band or the damaged case of Whitstable Bay organic ale which the offy was almost giving away ::-) something has certainly done for my memory!

Yes, the Campbell article was very interesting if a little light on technical detail (an observation rather than a criticism - I'm sure Pat would be the first to agree he is an historian rather than an engineer). The S-T article in the marine engine section? Well I'm afraid that really was instantly forgettable - I only wish Brian Sharp had committed his extensive knowledge of that marque to paper before his untimely demise.

Reply to
Nick H