Dorman 2DL

I've just signed up for a deal which will end up with a 1950 Dorman

2DL oil engine in my heap, it's allegedly 30bhp @ 1000 rpm. Anyone know anything about these? All I've found on the web is that some Simplex locos were fitted/retrofitted with them. It looks a very solid piece of kit! Not too keen on the colour scheme though (disgusting yellow)

Cheers Tim. Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service

Reply to
Tim Leech