Double Strewth!!

All, Ebay can be surprising, but this takes the biscuit and your mug of tea AND steals that freshly arrived copy of SEM you were reading!

Pop this in to the search box on Ebay. 3287890017.

Makes the hydrogen gulper seem almost reasonable. The good news is I've got one of these.

I will be interested to see if any feedback is placed as a result of this sale.

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

Well... I have a single flywheel version, shall we say a grand or two for that gentlemen? I'll even throw in the spanners!

Simon Taylor

Reply to
Simon Taylor

Why can't you guys post the full URL. It takes me 5 minutes to dig out the EBAY site to put the number on instead of just clicking an address site?

-- Dave Croft

Reply to
Dave Croft

It takes less than 20 seconds to get Ebay up and running and the item number pasted in. What are you doing Dave ?

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Why can't you guys post the full URL. It takes me 5 minutes to dig out the EBAY site to put the number on instead of just clicking an address site?

-- Dave Croft

Absolutely Dave, instead of a couple of seconds it takes a couple of minutes AND I failed to notice the full stop and it first told me there was no such number!.

URL's are good!

Regards,

Kim

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Dave said..... Why can't you guys post the full URL.

Sorry to have caused you such pain Dave, its just that every URL I post from ebay is so long that it wraps!

Next time I'll put both, and you can choose between the wrapped link and the number. Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

That's OK Arthur, the first bit gets you into e-bay directly and if it won't recognise the highlighted wrap, the number is easy to extract from the URL and dump into the search box.

We'em only bein' picky 'cos we'em bored ;o))

Hows the lambing going? Had any time off to play with the engines?

Regards,

Kim

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Kim, Lambing has quietened down to an odd lamb here and there, Kim, in fact to be precise we've lambed 100 of our little flock so far, 23ish to go. So I can catch up on all the rest of my life :-).

I'm afraid my attempts in the glazing venture have been a flop so far, sorry.

Apart from starting a few engines for Jeni's Dad at the weekend and machining the blowlamp-stand casting for the Petter S last night, I've done nothing engine-wise.

I have promised a friend I'll rally something at his do in May, so I will have to get weaving on tidying up an engine.

Regards, Arthur

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

For me it's more of life is to short to bother faffing about copying the number, opening my browser, finding eBay, getting to the search page, pasting the number...

Edit out all the rubbish apart from the part refering to the item number. So:

becomes:

Dave Liquorice

Dave L said.... heavily snipped.. life is to short to bother faffing about copying the number, opening my browser, finding eBay, getting to the search page, pasting the number...

Edit out all the rubbish apart from the part refering to the item number. So:

becomes:

could be easier! Thank you Dave L, I'll remember that, sometimes life is far simpler than we think :-).

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

Gentlemen, Have I lost the plot or has somebody just paid £466.00 for a Lister B, god dont tell my wife she will have my stuff sold in hours :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Far worse Martin, It is a Lister D. I will be giving one with a pump away free later this year. (I have promised the donor that I will give it to the most promising youngster I see with a good display of an aircooled villiers or similar)

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft