engines @ Gazes auction in Diss, tomorrow

I know little of make, model, and am not qualified to judge condition in detail.

They look like typical "old engines stored in a barn", mainly complete.

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear

One described as 'A Lister Diesel engine' is clearly a Petter, probably an AV1, with what looks like a start-o-matic alternator attached.

Tim

Reply to
Tim L

Charles Hamilton

Charles,

That cheap Lister D made £150, I was actually going to go and bid on it but then thought why did I need it I have one complete with its generator. I had better not tell the wife or I will be selling it :-)) How are we by the way, haven't been up your way for a while.

Martin P

campingstoveman

How much did the Petter AV1 and alternator make?

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

If you mean the one listed as a Lister Diesel £15.00

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Charles Hamilton

In the picture of the £15 engine, you can see the word "Lister" clearly. I would say a good deal for that price.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Chris:

See Tim Leech's post re the 'Lister' that is in fact an AV1 Petter.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

...but I can't find it now in the catalogue.....

Tim

Reply to
Tim L