Enstone pics.

The day started cold and grey and finished cold and sunny. Some of the items for sale on ----

Mike.H.

Reply to
Mike.H.

Mike,

I'm glad you picked my best side :-)) where were the rest of you buggers, only Roland sent a sick note so what are the excuses it wasn't wet just a tad chilly.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Well some of us did come and say hello, even if it was just to bury you under our new purchases, whilst we carried on looking round :)

Reply to
miley_bob

Yes and you had one of the longest trips to get there as well.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Yep about 180 miles each way, but well worth it. Got a 300 or so mile round trip tomorrow as well, when I go down to Shroshire to pick up a Bradford King of All I recently purchased.

Mike M

miley snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
miley_bob

A good day - apologies to anyone that I didn't recognise...

I assume that James' Amanco will be finished for the Riccal Xmas do? ;-)

Cheers

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

c> I'm glad you picked my best side :-)) where were the rest of you c> buggers, only Roland sent a sick note so what are the excuses it wasn't c> wet just a tad chilly.

c> Martin P

I was there as you well know. Never did catch up with Kim though - you'd have thought he'd be pretty hard to miss ;-)

Though there was some interesting if pricey stuff there (eg the Stuart K again and a Hartop FE), I came away with only a couple of fuel tanks and a silencer (hopefully for a Vincent '75').

You seemed to be shifting iron at a fair old rate - the prices must have been right!

nickh=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

Reply to
nickh

Mike surely a night in a Travel inn in Shropshire would have been cheaper than the fuel costs of two long journeys.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

At the rate James works on his engines it might be christmas 2020 when you see it.

A lot were conspicuse in there absence, that or we missed them.

Regards

Andy M

Reply to
andyengine

nickh, Cant complain, small sum to the engine pot. Must thank Mike.H. for fetching the box of parts for me and also me another name who I had an interesting chat with. I'm off to Italy Monday on a training course so will give you all a weeks peace :-))

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Surely that's the definition of underpricing.

Sorry to all those who went to Enstone to meet me but I had other things to do to the house this weekend. Erindoors wants the place habitable for Christmas. She even wants the heating working. How unreasonable can she get? I've told her that global warming means Oxfordshire's now subtropical and think of the money we're saving. She mutters about blue doesn't suit her and shivers more.

Hope you all had a good time. I did think of you today. I just wish I could have been there.

John

Reply to
John

Thanks for posting the pics Mike , I always like seeing pics of autojumbles ! Im sure i would have off loaded some stuff off you martin, only the irish sea gets in the way a bit:)

Enjoy Itlay !

Regards, John

Reply to
jdungan100

Thanks John ,glad you enjoyed them. Re Photos and digi cameras etc. Aldi have a 1GB sd card on offer as from today for £5:99 ,Bargain. I can now take 5138 pictures on my new card or longer videos.. Mike.H.

Reply to
Mike.H.

Imagine the caption writing, oh I forgot you don't do captions, do you?

Reply to
Tom

------------------------------------------------------ No I don't do captions nor do I take the p--s out of other people who make the effort to keep this Ng alive. Mike.H.

Reply to
Mike.H.

Alive but not enlightened, eh Mike?

Tom

Reply to
Tom

I remember a time when we used to spend ages each year sticking holiday snaps into an album with photo' corners and captioning each one with a 'dippy in' pen and white ink! 'Course that was when one roll of 120 film had to suffice for the whole week - as film and processing got cheaper (and perhaps time shorter) they ended up in a shoe box, and now with digital it's touch and go whether half of them end up getting saved at all.

I don't understand you Tom, you have made plenty of worthwhile contributions to this NG then you come out with, for want of a better word, a bitchy comment like that - is it just that the Kiwi sense of humour doesn't travel well or does something suddenly 'snap'?

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Reply to
Charles Hamilton

So what do you do now? You throw them on a photo site without further explanation other than the event at which they were taken.

You don't understand me? Wouldn't be the first time would it, Nick? Perhaps I'm more curious than you? I prefer to know what I'm dealing with, a miscellany of photos without captions, means what to you? Being so far away means what maybe common place to you, could be rare if not non-existence here, so identification is important to me. For someone who makes a habit of begging for information on various items, your mealy-mouthed comments on this matter, would tend for one view your future requests with less charity and effort. I'm certainly ruing my recent efforts on your behalf. Of course I could send a pic but omit the data, how would that go, Nick? Bitchy? On this newsgroup? Surely that says more about the writer, than the comment?

Tom

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Charles, same could be said of you. However, people who met me last year on my visit to the UK can assure you that what you read, is what you'll hear face to face.

Tom

Reply to
Tom