Fairanks Type R magneto is frozen up

Hi all,

My present "project engine" is a 3 horse Fairbanks Type Z from about

1919 or so. Every thing's going well with the exception of the Type R magneto, which is frozen up solid.

I removed the tower and rear cap but haven't been able to get the shaft to budge. As suggested by a knowledgeable friend I have tapped on the threaded end with a plastic dead blow hammer and hardwood block but nothing seems to give.

Any ideas ?? Also, does anyone know of a schematic drawing for this unit ?

Thanks much,

Perk

Email address is wrong so please reply to the list.

Reply to
Perk