magneto repairs

Had a visitor today who sent a Lucas SR (possibly the simplest magneto ever made) to our friend in N Devon. The postage cost him 6. Eventually he got a
quote for 226 +VAT and a request to send 20 to enable his magneto to be returned if he did not accept the quote. Please reach whatever conclusions you wish. ttfn
--
Roland Craven
nr Exeter Devon, UK

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:10:59 +0100, "Roland and Celia Craven"

Does that include a new flint??
-- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
For those in East / South England Ted Salmon in Burnham on Crouch will do the business. many years in the RAF ( Wartime ) repairing mags taught him his trade but do not hold your breath for a quick turn around, and if you visit him allow half a day!
John Southall

Interesting - I sent my Lucas for repair to Devon and I was quote 228! I declined. Regards, Ian.

replying to John Southall, Stevo wrote: Took my K2F magneto to Mr Salmon in Burnham on crouch,and, yes we waited a while (when there is snow on the ground) he said it would be ready.No snow on the ground today when I picked it up,but the finish was like brand new,would recommend this guy to any bikers.Hopefully people will read this review. 4/1/2017. Mr Salmon,35 Mill Road,Burnham on Crouch CM08PZ. Tel: 01621 784141. Please remove if Mr Salmon does object to my giving out his details.My apologies if he does,just felt I had to let people know in the Essex area what is available.Dave Stephens.