magneto repairs

Had a visitor today who sent a Lucas SR (possibly the simplest magneto ever made) to our friend in N Devon. The postage cost him £6. Eventually he got a quote for £226 +VAT and a request to send £20 to enable his magneto to be returned if he did not accept the quote. Please reach whatever conclusions you wish. ttfn

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

CHARLES HAMILTON SNR

Does that include a new flint??

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

For those in East / South England Ted Salmon in Burnham on Crouch will do the business. many years in the RAF ( Wartime ) repairing mags taught him his trade but do not hold your breath for a quick turn around, and if you visit him allow half a day!

Reply to
John Southall

replying to John Southall, Stevo wrote: Took my K2F magneto to Mr Salmon in Burnham on crouch,and, yes we waited a while (when there is snow on the ground) he said it would be ready.No snow on the ground today when I picked it up,but the finish was like brand new,would recommend this guy to any bikers.Hopefully people will read this review.

4/1/2017. Mr Salmon,35 Mill Road,Burnham on Crouch CM08PZ. Tel: 01621 784141. Please remove if Mr Salmon does object to my giving out his details.My apologies if he does,just felt I had to let people know in the Essex area what is available.Dave Stephens.
Reply to
Stevo