Hope you're sitting down!

Noted this on ebay a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd pop back to see how much it went for

Bear in mind that we all walked past one at 60 quid or so at the last Enstone B&B!

Then digging around a bit more

Think I need a lie down.

Reply to
Nick H

Surely nothings that rare.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

They did sell rather well, thanks for posting those Nick, I didn't spot either of them. I see this fetched a few quid too

Maybe we need a cheaper hobby ;-).

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

Ah, well, it has the magic word "Vincent" written on it. I kid you not, tool kit spanners sell for tens of pounds each and a *reconditioned* standard tyre pump fetched eighty quid recently.

You know the 5" Black Shadow speedos? They always reach £500 & a new old stock one sold last year for £755.00.

A very nice Shadow fetched $65,000 at auction last week in Las Vegas.

No, we are not in the wrong hobby, at least there is sense still to be found in it occasionally.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

"Kim Siddorn" wrote (snip):-

I didn't think the Vincent effect extended to their industrial engines, and equipment powered thereby, they normally seem to be regarded with mild interest perhaps selling for a small premium over the JAP or Villiers engined equivalent, viz the £60 Versatiller at Enstone.

Reply to
Nick H

That was certainly the case until this year, but the effect of stuff selling on EvilBay is dragging the prices up. Added to which, the compressors are so rare they are Endangered!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn.

"Nick H" wrote>

Reply to