Lister Gas Engine

Gentlemen,
Something for you all to ponder, I recently bid on two Blueprints on EBay
and today they arrived in the post. I bid on them because one was for a
Lister, I thought an L type, now I have it and have been looking at it
closely.
It is not an L type but I think either a R or Q as the flywheels are 31in
dia, by the design of the engine, which is headless it is pre 1930's.
This blue print was supplied to W Armes Ironmonger Boston Lincs as a
foundation plan and it shows the size of concrete base, water tank etc. The
really interesting bit is what is fixed to the wall, a gas bag and pipework
which is then connected to something identified as a Gas Valve with an Air
regulating cock instead of a carburettor.
What knowledge of Listers I have learned and read running one on gas is not
part of it.
Does anybody have any views of which I would be very interested.
Martin P
Reply to
Campingstoveman
Have a look at:
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web:
Peter A Forbes
While visiting some people in Holland, when we were coming home from Neunen, we visited a private collection. One of the engines that caught my, and indeed others attention, was a Lister Junior modified to run on gas. When he started it it ran so sweet. The same gent had others converted to gas aswell. Seem to remember him using the regulators from gas powered cars or something along those lines !!
Cheers, MartinH
Reply to
martin hirst
One of the engines that caught my, and ndeed others attention, was a Lister Junior modified to run on gas. When he started it it ran so sweet.
At the Amberley rally a year or two back, was a Lister A type running on propane. Originally it was supplied to a gasworks to run a Keith Blackman compressor, so what could be better than running it on what was there in abundance!
Not sure if I have any piccys at home, may have sent them up to SE....I'll have a look if I remember
Regards
Philip T-E
Reply to
ClaraNET