Manilla Rally Pics

I headed 6 hours north to a little rally in Manilla, NSW on the weekend. There was an amazing variety of engines. Pics at:

Patrick M Livingstone

Great selection of engines Patrick, most of which are not common sights on UK rally fields. Thanks for sharing these with us.

In message , Patrick M Livingstone writes

Reply to
George Hendry

Looks like a pretty good rally - bit far from me in west London though!

Like the Bradford 'King of All' (I have a 2 1/4 hp), unless of course it is a recent import, I didn't realise they travelled so far and wide. They must have had a hard time competing on price with American engines and of course the home grown product.

Nice too to see the various Farm Pumpers - I don't think we got those here originally (don't know why, the wind pumps they were aimed at replacing were popular enough) and I can't remember that last time I saw one at a rally.

Particularly like the look of the McDonald Imperials, small horizontal diesels are another thing which seem to have been more popular elswhere than UK.

Reply to
Nick H

Hi Nick, the Bradfords are not too common here but there are a few around. They would not have had too hard a time competing with other products here as they would have attracted no import duty being a British Empire product. The Farm Pumpers are pretty common at rallys here. They were sold here in vast numbers over a long time. The first Fuller & Johnson ones were made in

1909 and the last Australian made ones were made in the 1950s. I am not a big fan of diesels but the McDonalds are a very nicely made, and sweet running engine with a distinctive exhuast note. Patrick
Reply to
Patrick M Livingstone