Metal spinning lathe for sale

Further to our very own Campingstoveman's experiences with copper petrol tanks recently, I have been approached by a friend who works at an
establishment in London where a metal spinning lathe is to be disposed of.
CHARLES TAYOR 2 SPEED SPINNING LATHE. 8" DIA Chuck. centre is 8.5" above bed. Bed is 35" long by 8" wide Machine is 46" tall at tallest part. 53" long at longest part, 26" wide at widest part. I am not totally sure what comes with it at this stage but there are 12 forming tools of varying shapes and sizes. Knowing the establishment from which it comes, I'd be surprised if it was in anything other than excellent little used condition.
Price by negotiation, but probably in the region of 150. Buyer will have to collect from London.
Please contact me off list if interested and I'll pass it along.
Regards,
Kim Siddorn

at
Kim, Is it 3 phase? Any idea of the weight? I have never done metal spinning but I always imagined the process was rather like making dishes from flat plate. If that's so, the bed length of 35" seems excessive. I have obviously not understood the process properly. Anyone care to explain for me.
Ta
John
John,
Having read up on the subject and actally now done albeit small scale a 36" bed is about right considering emersion tank ends are spun, trophy bodies are spun and all manner of large objects including propellor spinners.
Martin P