Metal Supplier

I am following Nigels series in Stationary Engine on the Wolsey restoration. Very good it is to for a beginner like me. I need to make a puller similar
to the one he made using steel plate. Can anyone tell me where I can buy a small quatity of steel plate and also advise on the sort of thickness I should be getting?
Thanks
Andrew
Andrew,
it all depends where you are in the country (or world). A good start might be a local jobbing engineering firm, who, if you asked nicely might sell you some offcuts.
A scrap yard is another possibility.
Failing that you could go the mail order route with someone like www.mallardmetals.co.uk/. I've never used them, so this is not a recommendation, just a suggestion. I can't comment on thickness, as I've not got the article to hand.
HTH, Arthur G

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:21:45 -0000, "Arthur G"

For those of us with metal stocks, it might be worthwhile letting us know what sizes you are after, bright or black finish etc etc, then we could let you know if we could assist.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk
The size is 8" x 8" x 1/2 inch thick. I need to make a puller for flywheel removal. The finish isn't important but any guidance on thickness would be appreciated. If anyone has any suitable offcuts I am happy to pay a fair price.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
I live in Beckenham but i doubt anyone is round that area as you all seem to be further ooop North!!
Andrew