Nice item on eBay

Loved the look of this, though for me more costly than desirable.

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

"Arthur G" wrote :-

A particularly well presented example and if mechanical condition matches its appearance it should run like a sewing machine.

Sadly the prices of genuine vintage hot air engines are rather high - which is why you will find me scratching about at the tatty 'home made and probably in need of TLC' end of the market! Given unlimited funds I would dearly love an Ericsson pumping engine.

Reply to
Nick H

"Arthur G" wrote

This one was a little more affordable:-

Unorthodox heating arrangement and slight question mark over parentage probably conspired to keep the price down.

Reply to
Nick H

Hi Nick, If it had been known about it would have gone for several times the price. It looks like a genuine Henrici that has been modified for electric heating.

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

"Dave Croft" wrote

Sorry Dave. I tipped Arthur the nod as I know he was attracted by the previous one. But, short of a heads up on NG (which I think we all agree is a no no), it is hard to pass on to everyone who might be interested. Mind you it was accurately listed and so hardly difficult to find.

Reply to
Nick H

"Nick H" wrote

Oops! I've just re read your post Dave and realised it was a general observation rather than a "wish I'd seen it". But I do agree that the winner (same chap that bought the previous one BTW) got something of a bargain.

Reply to
Nick H

Thats OK Nick. I wrote as a general observation but I do admit that had I known about it I might have broken my "Never Use E Bay" rule.