No Chat?

Now that's nice, shame about price. Is it some sort of twin version of the K?

BTW been having a few connection problems (Pipex) this evening and now it's up and running it's just about time to shut down!

Reply to
Nick H

Gentlemen,

I am having a quite evening nothing special going on and the same would appear here. Hello anybody in, echo, echo, echo

Reply to
Campingstoveman

================================================================================= Evening all Spent the day playing with the Barr& Stroud/Stuart R2 and Pegasus fuel system Stuart.- Baseplate now on trolley so engine can be bolted down, dynamo/control box connected and checked out. Barr.-Still trying to cure the excessive smoking at lower revs.I have removed the head and barrel and can find nowt wrong. With the sleeve /piston now exposed I poured a quantity of neat petrol into the bore with the piston at bdc. to check for seepage past the rings.It was still there hours later. Looks as if the piston and sleeve will have to be removed.I have obtained a 1922 copy of the B&S m/cycle engine manual(heres hoping the sleeve timing marks are the same for the WB series.) There you go Martin something for you to read or you could flood Kim with ST pics. Mike.H.

Reply to
Mike.H

Nobody here but us chickens.... :-))

How is it, you get all this spare time?? I'm lucky if I get half an hour to play with the toys, usually it's more bl**dy work on the PC when I get in :-((

Actually, we have been quite successful with Mullard data books/manuals on ebay lately, lots of valve stuff etc., plus a nice 1923 Stuart Turner castings handbook which I found in a bookshop in the states. Also picked a nice hardness tester in France tonight.

Listening to Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazlewood, Rita on one of the PC's and I'm on the other two, switching screens between work PC and play PC !!

Peter

Peter

Peter A Forbes

box connected and checked out.

the head and barrel and can find nowt

bore with the piston at bdc.

1922 copy of the B&S m/cycle engine

Mike.H.

Here's a nice Stuart Turner, bit unusual too by the look of it:

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Been doing paperwork most of the week. Our AGM is coming up and any minute now the Treasurer will be banging on my e-mail door with increasingly shrill demands that I should now account for the money I've spent!

No fun, some people.

I'm only here now to print out a bl**dy form.

Nice Stuart Turner - but a bit on the steep side for me.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
J K Siddorn

============================== An early version of the AE model maybe ? MH

Reply to
Mike.H

Martin, just got in from fitting the mower (not lawnmower) on the tractor and pressure washing, greasing and fitting new knives to it. The nest of wasps that had taken up residence in the mower made the whole business more interesting than usual, but I didn't get stung once. Last year, when moving old bales ready for the new ones to arrive in the loft, I accidentally bisected a wasps' nest between two bales and got twenty red marks on my back to help me remember. It was the fastest I've moved under my own steam!

The forecast is beginning to sound like I'm cutting hay at the weekend not going to Welland. :-( Bloody weathermen!

Think of me doing my 10 acres when you cut that sniper outpost!

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

Gentlemen,

Up early, drove down to Slough, commissioned some equipment, a Rack Washer a Bottle Washer plus a bulk dosage detergent System. Got home and decided to be lazy this evening and catch up on me mates but none of you were about. Was hoping to manufacture some ramps for van but the van is full of equipment to be delivered to office tommorrow so maybe start tommorrow evening. Now waiting for the daughter to finish here shower so I can get to bed.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Sounds like a no win situation - if weather is good you are cutting hay, if bad you get wet at a rally!

Reply to
Nick H

Quick session before work - as much to check connection is ok as anything else - but I do have A-Z in hand!

S-T engine appears to be unit designed for War office in WWI. Date on this unit appears to be 29-03-27, so it must have remained in production for some considerable time. The net effect of this is to inrease my frustration about how little we (or at least I) know about this little company and it's products.

I just bought the facimile 1906 S-T catalogue offered by TEE, hoping that it would contain details of the company's first IC engine - it doesn't. The forward to this reprint was written in 1977 by the then MD a Mr. Barnard which starts "When I was asked to give the firm's blessing to this reproduction of an old catalogue I felt some doubts. Nostalgia should not be encouraged in a world which offers so many opportunities for creative ideas and a fascinating, if sometimes frightening, future." Only about three years later he may have felt some nostalgia for the S-T company as it had existed for 75 years!

Some years ago I heard a rumour that when the company was broken up much of the old paperwork was packed away in tea chests and there it remains - anyone know more?

Ps. Connection still iffy!

Reply to
Nick H

Nick Well, its more the case that if there is rain promised within the week, then I can go to Welland. I'll check the BBC 5 day jobbie tomorrow and decide whether I'm Welland-bound or tractor-bound. Part of me wants it to rain on Monday!